Wednesday, September 22, 2010

guttation

Let us learn about guttation

Guttation is referred as the appearance of drops of xylem sap on the tips or edges of leaves of some vascular plants, best example grasses. Guttation is not to be confused with dew that condenses from the atmosphere onto the plant surface.

The loss of excess water in liquid drops from margins of leaves of plants, when root pressure is high & transpiration is low.

  • This method is very common during warm humid nights.
  • This method occurs in plants growing in high soil moisture.
  • Guttation occurs through specialized pores known as hydathodes present near the vein endings.

In our next blog we shall learn about ge online bill pay I hope the above explanation was useful.Keep reading and leave your comments.

4 comments:

  1. I have found so many interesting thing in your blog and I really love that. Bonita Springs Tutoring Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Couldn't be written any better. Reading this post reminds me of my old room mate! He always kept talking about this. I will forward this article to him. St. Augustine Tutoring Pretty sure he will have a good read. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I’ve desired to post about something similar to this on one of my blogs and this has given me an idea. Special needs Tutor Greenwich Cool Mat.

    ReplyDelete
  4. No missing, correspondingly as buts, your blog is epic. I'm going to bookmark it and plan to restore shockingly. There are many reasons why Error C4EBA341 comes in Printer. Contact our support team, we help you resolve this type of issue.

    ReplyDelete